75 dogs killed in Georgetown fire + TX book censorship escalates
Hello, people from Cedars-Leander Park! It’s me again, Meagan Falcon, your host for Cedar Park-Leander Daily.
Here’s everything you need to know to get your day off to a good start.
Are you a local business owner or merchant at Cedar Park-Leander? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Wet and mostly cloudy all day. High: 92 Low: 64.
A more in-depth forecast:
A cold arrives Tuesday bringing a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Behind the front there is very low humidity and blustery northerly winds, which is a fire weather issue, according to NWS Austin / San Antonio projects.
Meteorologists predict plenty of sun to end the week with comfortable conditions and much cooler mornings. For more weather updates, visit www.weather.gov/ewx.
Here are the best stories today at Cedar Park-Leander:
- On 75 dogs were killed in a fire at the Ponderosa Pet Resort in Georgetown Saturday night. Here’s what we know so far. (Round Rock Patch)
- As Prohibited booksk approaching this week, the fight against censorship intensifies in Texas. (School library journal)
- Austin Action Fest & Market 2021 Scheduled to LÃ©andre. Here is what you need to know. (Cedar Park-Leander Patch)
- Burgers back will open a Leander site. Here’s what you need to know. (Community impact journal)
- Austin Students linked to destruction Trendy TikTok in “addressed” school bathrooms, the bulletin says. (KXAN.com)
Today’s Cedar Park-Leander Daily is Brought to You by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells – check out their full line of smart home products on Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping to shake up the local news at Cedar Park-Leander!
Today at Cedar Park-Leander:
- PTSA Coffee Talk with Mr. Sloan – Cedar Park High School. (10h)
- Ribbon Cut – Turnaround Church – Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce. (10h)
- Volleyball @ Rockdale – Lago Vista HS (5 p.m.)
- Leander Library Foundation Meeting – Leander Public Library. (5:30 p.m.)
Cedar Park-Leander Patch Notebook
- City of Cedar Park, Texas-Municipal Government: âIt’s going to be hot today! Remember to stay hydrated â limit strenuous outdoor activities to the morning â take frequent breaks in the shade or in an air-conditioned building where you have planned outdoor activities . ” (Facebook)
- Texas Farmers Market in Lakeline: âStay on top of market updates, seasonal recipes, supplier information and more! Sign up for our weekly newsletter here: http://texasfarmersmarket.org/newsletter-sign-up/ â(Facebook)
- Vista Ridge Band Boosters: âSend the SOS to the volunteers for our walking festival on Saturday October 2nd. These roles can be performed by ANY adult. So get those grandparents, aunts, uncles and neighbors involved. It takes a village! ” (Facebook)
- Twin Lakes YMCA Camp: âOne of our favorite things to do at Camp is watching our campers conquer their fears! ð§â (Facebook)
- Cedar Park Public Library: “#HispanicHeritageMonth is currently running through October 15th! Celebrate authors and Hispanic voices by viewing our digital collections on the Libby app.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to start Tuesday on the right foot. I’ll see you soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
Your friendly neighborhood journalist,
Meagan covers local news for Patch in downtown Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander and Pflugerville.
About Meagan: I was born and raised in Corpus Christi and spent three years covering the latest news and things to do in South Texas before moving to the Austin subway. When I’m not reporting the news, I’m reading a good book, tending to my garden, and spending time with my puppy. I’m new to the green thumb, so if you all have any gardening tips I’d love to.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Austin Daily? contact me at [email protected].
Quote of the day:
âWe always meet with a smile, because a smile is the beginning of love.
– Mother Teresa